Monday, January 9, 2012

Tea Mug Card

 Happy Monday!  It was back into routine for us today!  I was kind of glad!  My husband worked last Thursday and Friday which set us up a little but today was a good dose of reality!  Now back to SK for my oldest tomorrow!  I must say I am a little excited!

I had a request for a birthday card and the person the card is for is a bit of a tea snob.  I can say this mainly because I'm married to him!  Shhh...don't tell him this card is for him!  I had found an online tutorial for making this adorable cup...Lorri did an awesome job at explaining how to make this cute cup which she used as a gift card holder.  The lid pulls off to reveal an insert to which you can attach a gift card or write a message.

I created this cup to match the travel tea mug I bought my lovely husband for Christmas.  I am really excited about how it turned out and think I'll be making up a few extras of these to have on hand!   They are super fun to create and once I got the hang of it (I must say I messed up the first cup!!).

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Tea for Two (non-SU).
Other: Ribbon, Paper Crimper

Hope you enjoyed today's card!
Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment