Sunday, January 22, 2012

CAS-ual Friday Field Flowers

Hello!
Sorry I didn't get posting yesterday!  My husband and I went out for dinner at the CN Tower in Toronto and we ended up getting home WAY later than we anticipated.  This afternoon we took the boys to Monster Jam!  What a hoot!  I think my oldest may end up driving a monster truck one day!

I found a great challenge to take part in!  It's called "CAS-ual Fridays".  I love CAS (Clean and Simple) cards!  Though sometimes I fall in love with very overdone cards as well!

The challenge this week was in honour of Penguin Awareness Day and so the designers wanted us to create cards (CAS) that only used black and white!  I love the field flowers stamp set and really felt like I should use it for this card.  I added some black glitter to the centre of the flowers just to make them sparkle a little.   As much as I love the new pleated statin ribbon from SU!, I also love pleating my own satin ribbon!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamps: Field Flowers, Petite Pairs
Ink: Basic Black
Others: Black Satin ribbon, black glitter, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your idea and execution! The pop-up dimensions of the flower are fabulous!The folded ribbons are lovely! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you cut out those flowers and popped them. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete