Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sketch Challenge Valentine

Happy Sunday!

I do hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.  We had a few bumps in our day yesterday but in the end we did have a nice weekend with some wonderful weather.  Have you thought about your word yet for 2012?  I have finally decided on mine.  It took a lot of thought and some consultation with those much wiser than I but I have chosen "Joy"...or "Choose Joy".  This is a concept which I struggle with and I need to change.  Not only do I want to be full of joy, I want to bring joy to others around me in whatever way I can.  I'm excited to hear what words you've chosen so feel free to share!


I decided to participate in a sketch challenge this week. There are tons of card challenges on the internet.  This one is by "Freshly Made Sketches".  I love this blog and refer to it often for ideas!

Here is this week's sketch.  All you have to do is follow it!  It's fabulous and I was excited to use some of the products from the Stampin' Up Occasions Mini Catalogue!

Here's my card1  I used the new PS I Love You stamp set as well as the new Fashionable Heart Emosslits Die.  I thought it was cute for Valentine's Day!  Try out the sketch challenge today!  It's a super easy way to jump start your creativity!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla
DSP: Everyday Enchantment (Sale-a-Bration)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake
Stamps: PS. I Love You
Ribbon: Lucky Limeade Organdy (Sale-a-Bration)
Other: Fashionable Heart Embosslits Die, Large heart punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Your hearts look wonderful with that DSP! Such a pretty Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you used! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, so fresh and pretty ... the DSP is gorgeous as are those pretty embossed hearts!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts with that background paper! Lovely! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete