Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MOJO Monday Challenge

Hello!
Sorry for not posting yesterday!  I had two little boys up all day and I didn't step foot in my craft room!  I wanted to tackle the MOJO Monday challenge today!  This is a great blog updated every Monday...check it out!  They have some fantastic sketches and a fabulous design team to provide some beautiful examples.

I had to use the Everyday Enchantment DSP again! I can't help it!  I just LOVE it!  I can't wait for the Sale-a-Bration to start so I can hook myself up with some more!

I love the flower on this card!  My mom taught me how to make them! I love my mom!  She finds the greatest things online and then teaches me!!!  To make this flower, you run cardstock through a paper crimper 15 times (at least I think it's 15...I couldn't actually remember)!  This breaks the fibres in the paper and allows you to be able to pull the layers apart.  After you've crimped your paper you can punch out your flowers.  For this particular card I used the 2 3/8" scalloped circle, the 1 3/4" scalloped circle and then the boho blossoms punch.  Once your shape is punched out you can very carefully pull the layers apart.  I only separate the circles into two layers...they can be pretty thin.  Then I take the individual layers and crumple them up into little balls.  After that, spread them out and put a brad or button in the centre and voila!

Hope you enjoy today's card!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade
DSP: Everyday Enchantment
Ink: Crumb cake (for sponging), soft suede, calypso coral
Stamps: I Believe
Other: Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon,  Everyday Enchantment Brad, 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Bird Punch, Lattice Embossing Folder, Vintage wallpaper Embossing Folder, Dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment