Thursday, January 5, 2012

Card Organizer

Happy Thursday!
Have you thought of your word for 2012?  I'm still pondering what word means the most to me.  I've heard a few good ones from readers and am hoping to come up with mine by tomorrow!

I've set a few goals for myself this year.  One of these goals is to keep my cards organized and ensure that people actually receive their cards on time.  I get my "business" cards out to my customers on time but I'm horrible with getting my own cards ready.  I needed to come up with a system that helped me get these cards in order.  I also tend to see cards I like for people who's birthdays are months away.  The cards tend to get used up or sold.  This box will hopefully prevent me from doing this (and reminding me I have them!).

I found a box at Wal-Mart (a while ago) and covered it in Stampin' Up! DSP.  This took a LOT of double sided tape!  Then I decorated it up with various flowers and butterflies.  I wanted to keep it simple.  Despite the simple this step took WAY longer than I had anticipated.
The box itself required 2 sheets of 12X12 DSP while the lid only took 1 sheet.  I tried using a regular photo storage box but it wasn't tall enough so I had to use this box instead.

The next step was to come up with monthly dividers.  I just cut cardstock to fit in the box then added month tabs on top.  I also wanted to decorate the tabs a little to make them a little more exciting.

I wanted to include dividers/tabs for miscellaneous cards as well - Baby, Sympathy etc.  These dividers aren't quite done yet...sigh.

On each monthly divider I've glued on a sheet to record what events (birthdays or anniversaries) I need cards for that month.  I want to try and work a month ahead. Thankfully we don't have many events in January so will soon work on February's cards!

Anyhow, whether or not you make your own cards or buy them, this is a great way to keep yourself organized!

Have a great day!

1 comment: