Sunday, January 29, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Sketch

Well, it's almost Monday (or maybe Monday by the time you're reading this).  I don't know where the weekend went!  We had a nice weekend as a family catching up on some missed time together and my husband catching up on some missed sleep!

I managed to sneak in a few minutes to try my hand at the CAS-ual Friday's sketch challenge.  So the goal is to keep the card clean and simple (CAS).  I normally would even keep the card as white as possible but decided to step out of my comfort zone a little and try out some melon mambo.  I tried a different technique while embossing my cardstock.  I used Versamark on my embossing folder before I put the cardstock in and ran it through the Big Shot.  It usually leaves a fabulous texture on my cardstock but it didn't seem to work as well today :(

I tried out the new Elementary Elegance stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue.  I hadn't used it yet and I must say I do LOVE it!  I actually made another card with it this weekend which I'll post mid-week!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Stamps: Elementary Elegance
Ink: Basic Grey, Versamark
Other: Melon Mambo embossing powder,  Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Curly Label Punch


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week!
Jen

3 comments:

  1. All of those swirls are so pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! the color combo is fab and I love the stamp layering and texture :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete