Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Out of This World

Hello!
I hope you had a great day!  We were back to the grind today.  My youngest and I ran around and did some errands.  He's not a big fan of shopping so let's just say I faced some resistance!

I tackled the CAS-ual Fridays challenge yesterday.  The challenge was pretty simple.  A clean and simple (CAS) card using punches or dies.  I am in need of Father's Day cards still so I decided I would use the challenge to get another card made!

I used the Loved Ones stamp set from Stampin' Up! and some silver embossing powder to create the DAD.  I cut it out afterwards so it would fit better on the punched out shape.

The other stamp set used (rocket and sentiment) is non-SU.

I think this card might be perfect for my boys to give their dad!  It's not an airplane but it does fly!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black. Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: Loved Ones, Boys Basics - Out of this World (non-SU)
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Glitter, Black Pearl, Decorative Label Punch, Rocket Ship die, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the rocket! Where is the die from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne

    The rocket die is from Papertrey Ink...the stamp set coordinates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! Your Father's Day card is wonderful!! LOVE the red of the rocketship against the black...and the sentiment in silver really pops, too...great card:)!! Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is such an eye catching card, love the red on the black base and all the space is great (pun intended ).
    So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This card is so striking! I love the embossed background and the awesome use of "white" space. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello? My previous comment just vanished :) I realli like the embossed background and your use of white space. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Your details are perfect - especially your fussy cutting! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rocks!!! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete