Saturday, May 26, 2012

Colour Q Happy Birthday Owl


Hello!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We had a wonderful visit with my parents this weekend! My boys were in Grannie and Papa heaven! My youngest whined for most for the afternoon that he wanted to go to Grannie and Papa's house...

I decided to tackle the Colour Q challenge this week. I have only tackled this challenge once before and wanted to give it a whirl again. I apologize now that the photo is a little pale. I took it at night when the lighting was sub par!

I made a card using the "required" colours and absolutely HATED it! Does this happen to anyone else or just me?! I then thought about making a cute little owl since I love the two-step owl punch from Stampin' Up! I must prefer this card to the first one!! Hope you enjoy it as well!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with my Freshly Made Sketches card for this week!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Pool Party, Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black (owl eyes)
DSP: A retired SU one....I forget the name
Stamps: Curly Cute
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Pool Party Bakers Twine, Scalloped Circle Punch, Circle Punch, 2-Step Owl Punch, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the little owl with her paper pieced shirt! And I can't tell you how many times I've discarded a project I've been working on because I ended up hating it! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Jen, love the embossing and the great paper pieced owl! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over on the CQC.

    ReplyDelete