Tuesday, May 29, 2012

CAS Dad

Hello!
It's almost the middle of the week!  I think at this point I realize I'll survive the week!!  My oldest son has started his vision therapy and it's been very hard on Mommy and on him.  The new exercises really strain his eye muscles and since we do them first thing in the morning he tends to have sore eye muscles and a headache for the rest of the day.  Today was the first day that he said his eyes didn't hurt!  I think we're making some progress.  Almost 1 week done...9 months to go.  Ugh.  Seems daunting right now but we've seen the progress he's made over the last year so we know it's working and worth the pain!

Okay...enough of us!  Today's card is my submission for the CAS-ual Friday's challenge.  It didn't turn out quite as I had envisioned.  That seems to be happening a lot these days!!!

The challenge this week was to create a masculine card using DSP (designer series paper).   The challenge also requires that the card be CAS - clean and simple.

I have "borrowed" my mom's Timeless Type alphabet die set from my mom!  She's the best mom in the world and willingly lends me her stuff whenever I want!  They don't get any better!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
DSP: Nautical Expedition
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Other: Button, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Timeless type Sizzlets dies

3 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the nautical DP. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of sounding like a weirdo, I'm gonna say your card is very handsome! LOL! I love the baker's twine with that button. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kimberly, this is a handsome card :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete