Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #46


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  We had a crazy storm here yesterday and I wondered if this post would even work!  We spent the morning at the beach again yesterday!  The boys love playing in the sand and the water.  Tomorrow morning will be our Olympics party...not sure what will be on tap for today!

The new Holiday Catalogue is available for everyone TODAY!  I'll try and have a link directly to the catalogue up shortly or you can just click on my "Shop 24-7" link to the right and see all the fun new products that are now available!

Today's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge sketch comes from the talented (and hopefully well rested after her vacation) Lesley Croghan!  When I first saw it I thought the Top Note sketch would be easy but then I found it a little more challenging.  I decided to do another fall card and use the new Wonderfall stamp set and corresponding Bigz die (both available TODAY!).  Oh, not to mention my favourite Orchard Harvest DSP (also available today).  

I cut my Top Note out of the new Core'dinations Early Espresso cardstock (also available today!) and then sanded off some of that top layer to show the inside colour off!  It's so fun...I can't stop using it!  Of course I had to emboss the background with the woodgrain...I'm sorry!  I just LOVE the new stuff!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso Core'dinations, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla
DSP: Orchard Harvest
Stamps: Wonderfall, Apothecary Art (sentiment)
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple, Early Espresso
Other: Top Note Die, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Bitty Banners Framelits Die, Edgelits Die, Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Woodgrain Textured Embossing Folder


This is a picture of the storm and the branches that came down!  We were without power for a few hours but it was restored rather quickly!



The other night we had to walk down my parents street to get the mail...Caleb rode his bike and Jacob decided that he would push the wheelbarrow all the way there and back...hilarious!  Didn't quite make it back but thankfully the wheelbarrow is light!


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

Jen

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! I love those brighter colors and yummy texture! A wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic fall card! I am in love with this set and I love seeing what you've done with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jen! I love the pretty fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves are fabulous! I need that die for my classroom!!! Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love your pretty fall colours - so rich and vibrant ... and your textures are fabulous! Great card Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this stamp set and your take on the sketch! What a gorgeous mix of texture and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is lovely! I have one concern and question for you - since the leaves die is not a framelit, how do you line up the stamped images? Or do you stamp after you cut out the shapes? I really want the stamp set and the die but I am wondering how to make them work together... Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Janet...The leaves should be stamped after they're cut out. Stampin' Up recommended that you ink up your stamp and place the cut out leaf on top of the stamp, press down lightly then flip it over and press down firmly. I'm too lazy for that! I cut out the leaf, put a little snail on the back, stick it to my table/desk then use my stamp-a-majig to stamp it. It stays in place and I had better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, what a fantastic stamp set. I love the colours and papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so wonderful! I love all the components that you used to make this a fall card! The texturing, the colors and those gorgeous leaves. I love fall and you've put me in a state of anticipation for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love all your new things! Perfect showcase of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great use of all your new goodies. Love then embossing and your sanded card stock. A lovely fall card.

    Aileen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen. Love all your new goodies. The woodgrain and sanded card stock are very effective. Lovely fall card.

    Aileen x

    ReplyDelete