Monday, July 30, 2012

That Little Jar...again!!!

Hello!
Well, we survived Monday!  I wasn't feeling very good yesterday and was pretty much down for the count all day.  I am SO thankful I was at my mom and dad's for most of yesterday and my mom let me sleep in the afternoon and made all the meals for my boys.  My parents are so good to me!  What would I do without them?  Today I feel MUCH better!  My mom and I took the boys to the beach this morning for a bit (picture below).  The water here is very low due to a severe drought so there wasn't much water in the Ottawa River for them to have fun in...at least the marked off swimming area but they still managed to have fun!

Okay...I used the jar again.  I can't help myself...I LOVE it!  I am not using it for my Freshly Made Sketches card this week though...I promise!  Today's card is for the Dynamic Duos and Create with Connie and Marie challenges.  I needed to kill two birds with one stone today!  I love Early Espresso and Crumb Cake!  They have to be my favourites!  The new Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock has to be one of my favourites.  I didn't have an SU sanding block handy but my mom did happen to have some sandpaper in her craft room today!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
DSP: Natural Composition Specialty
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Other: Cannery Set Framelits Dies, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Early Espresso Ribbon, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls


Bathing Beauties! 

Caleb and my mom are planning an Olympic party to have later this week.  Today Caleb decided he wanted to make flags for different countries for decoration for this party.  So this afternoon he and my mom made all 13 of these cute flags.  I thought he'd maybe sit through 2 but he did all 13.  She cut the paper and he glued it all together!  It was so sweet!  I can't wait for the party on Thursday!


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Jen

13 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to start using this set! It is so darn pretty! I've been wanting a canning jar stamp forever! I love your neutral colors...so chic! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!! This jar is just so cute! And these colors are some of my very favorites as well!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed and sanded background is amazing! Love the flowers in the jar and the pearls!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Jen. Love every design element. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been under the weather, glad you're feeling better! Love this card, the sweet little jar, the dry embossing...CUTE. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. REally love this! I like the monochromatic color scheme. Love the textures and how you flipped the sketch. Really cute card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous monochromatic card! LOVE it! I can't wait to start using this set too...just a fabulous look! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card too! This set is certainly one of my new favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute image! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well darn - I was trying really hard not to buy that jar set and framelits - but I think you have changed my mind! Too cute with the little flowers and I love the neutral colors. I'm so glad you played along with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute jar of flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so darn cute!! I love it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #73 with a link back to your blog on 8-12-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete