Saturday, July 21, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Back is Black!


Hello!
So sorry I've been MIA much of this past week!  We packed up Thursday and headed out Friday morning to visit my parents!  The boys are in Grannie and Papa heaven!  Mommy is now the least of their concerns and they only listen to Papa!!!  They have played monster trucks, driven RC monster trucks, had many water gun fights, played trains and read stories...little boy heaven!

So, I'm trying to get ready for a workshop I'm having on Tuesday night.  So far it's not going so well.  I decided to tackle the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week to see if I could help the Mojo along...needless to say it's not helping so far!


This week's challenge is to create a Clean and Simple Card using black as the card base.  I knew right away I wanted to do a Christmas card using the new Ornament Keepsakes stamps from SU!  I couldn't resist.  The coordinating dies make these stamps SOOOOO easy peasy!  The new Holiday Catalogue is jam packed with so many wonderful goodies!

I added some rhinestones and then backed my sentiment in silver glimmer paper to add a little sparkle.

I may have brought almost all of my card making supplies on the airplane with me BUT I realized now I did forget many things that I could have used!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black. Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Petite Pairs
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll try and have another card for you tomorrow...hopefully I'll have my workshop cards done too!!!

Jen



5 comments:

  1. wow I am loving the textures :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embossed background, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely:)!! Your ornament is pretty against the black...love it with the silver, too...the sparkle of the coming season...5 MONTHS FROM TODAY!! Sounds like your parents are GREAT grandparents...what fun:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant take on a Christmas card! I love how well the damask embossing matches the damask in the center of the ornament. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so classy and elegant - love the stunning embossed background! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete