Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #42


Hello!
Happy Wednesday, Happy Independence Day to my American readers and Happy Birthday to my Father-in-law!  I hope you all have a great day celebrating!

Today also brings us our newest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This sketch comes to us from the fabulous Jennifer Timko!  I must say my first month on the Freshly Made Sketches design team has been fabulous!  I am so fortunate to be working with such a talented group of card makers!  Jen's sketch was fun to work with and the rectangles made my life a little easier!

I really wanted to use my "Up, Up and Away" set for this one...not sure why but it sat there so lonely looking!!!  I also wanted to get out my new Polka Dot Parade DSP.  I love polka dots so I couldn't wait to give it a try!

Just a little head's up that I won't be blogging much this week.  We have a busy week with lots going on and will need the afternoons to get some of my house work done and the evening to fill quite a few card orders!  Be sure to keep checking back though as I'll try and get a card up later in the week as my Holiday Catalogue Pre-order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Marina Mist, Whisper White
DSP: Polka Dot Parade
Stamps: Up, Up and Away
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Other: Basic Black Scalloped Dots Ribbon, Dimensionals, Stripes Textured Embossing Folder

Thanks for stopping by!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card and take on the sketch! I always appreciate a CAS card. Love the scalloped ribbon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Jen! Sounds like you and I have the same thoughts on rectangles! :-) This balloon is great with that DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The circles on the DSP, the embossed stripes and the cool clouds all look fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! Great card! I love the balloon and that scalloped ribbon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! The colours are bold and very eye catching. The stamp set worked perfect with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors! And this sketch is perfect for your soaring balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute! I love the embossing on your card.

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I love how you used the Up & Away set for the focal panel - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this card on Splitcoast... hope you don't mind that I CASEd it!! :) Love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete