Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #44


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far! We are having a more relaxed week and are completely enjoying it!  My oldest (Caleb) has come down with an eye infection.  The suspected source is a swimming pool but we won't get into the slimy details!!!  He isn't too happy but he's a trooper and will be fine!  Thankfully we have the most wonderful eye doctor on the planet and she saw us as soon as I called and we are hooked up with some drops!

This week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge sketch is brought to us by the lovely and talented Jen Mitchell!  Some of us on the design team have decided we want to be just like Jen when we grow up!  She comes up with the most amazing creations!

So you all know how I feel about shapes that don't have 4 sides...Jen had to go and pick not just one of those dreaded shapes BUT two!!!!  I wanted to try out my new Chevron Embossing Folder and my new Patio Party paper and this is what I came up with...I thinking I'm lacking a little in the mojo department!

I will see what I can get done in terms of cards this week.  The boys and I are headed to visit my parents next week.  We are all very excited!

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
DSP: Patio Party
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Midnight Muse
Other: Midnight Muse Ribbon, Dimensionals, Bitty Banners Framelits Die, Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Circle Dies

Thanks for stopping by!
Jen


6 comments:

  1. LOL - I struggle with circles as well! But I think your chevron background sets off your circles perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the circles! LOL - just think of them as squares with REALLY rounded corners! Despite the dreaded circles you've cooked up a great card. I adore these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! I love that chevron embossed background on the bold yellow! And I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen for you kind comments on my card for the FMS44 challenge. So sweet of you. Happy stamping, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen I forgot to comment on your card. Wow it is so cute! Love it. Hugs,Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is simply beautiful Jen ... love that chevron embossing and your bright birthday colours are delicious and oh so happy! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete