Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #50


Hello!
I hope you're enjoying your week!  We are on "vacation" this week.  Maybe more of a "Stay-cation".  We are doing little day trips here and there and coming home each night to sleep in our own beds!  Today was a trip to the Halton County Radial Railway (Museum).  It is a Streetcar museum near us and the boys LOVED it!  What a great day trip for us.  We got to take a street car trip to an old street car that had been converted to an ice cream shop!  Fantastic!

Anyhow, today is Wednesday!  New sketch for us over at Freshly Made Sketches!  You NEED to go and check the blog and see the fabulous cards the Design Team has created for you!  What a talented group of ladies (most of whom are named Jen!).

Lesley brought us a fabulous sketch this week!  I loved it - there weren't any circles (sorry Jen M!).  I knew right away I wanted a fall card.  We were driving today and noticed the trees are already starting to turn colour around here...fall is sadly on it's way!

Okay so my card...sorry...I LOVE those leaves!  The Autumn Accents die is fabulous and it's great because it can be used without the coordinating stamp set!  The Orchard Harvest DSP is my new favourite and the colours remind me of a perfect fall day!  I also love the look of the Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock paired with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso (Core'dinations), Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
DSP: Orchard Harvest
Stamps: Apothecary Art
Ink: early Espresso
Other: Autumn Accents Die, Woodgrain, Perfect Polka Dot and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folders, Basic Pearls, Bronze Button, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

Here's a little picture of my cuties standing on the tracks at the museum today!  

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

Jen

15 comments:

  1. Such a pretty fall card. I love the texture on your leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I just ordered that DSP today! I can't wait to get it! Now I want the leaves as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I just ordered that DSP today! I can't wait to get it! Now I want the leaves as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the texture on this!!!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we both added buttons and those are circles! See, they're no so scary after all! I absolutely love these gorgeous leaves. They look fantastic embossed. This is definitely going into my CASE file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Jen, love those leaves and the texture you have added to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fall card Jen! I love the textured leaves and that DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, the texture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a fun adventure with the train AND ice cream. :-)
    I really like your card. I finally ordered the paper version of the SU Winter catty and added those leaves to my ever growing wish list. I was easily able to pass on them in the on-line version, ha ha. So now that I've committed to wanting to them, I loved seeing them on your card!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, this is just lovely! I love the warm, fall colors and the embossed leaves are so rich with texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! I LOVE the fall colours and your embossed and sanded woodgrain panel is perfect. Thanks for the amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jen! Everything about this is fabulous. I love the colors, the papers, the woodgrain panel, the button, and especially the embossed leaves. This one's sure to be CASE'd all over the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jen! Everything about this is fabulous. I love the colors, the papers, the woodgrain panel, the button, and especially the embossed leaves. This one's sure to be CASE'd all over the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Jen .... the fall colour pallette is so warm and rich and I love your embossed leaves and woodgrain panel .... awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card - love the colors and the texture you added to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete