Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #48


Hello and Happy Wednesday!
I hope you're having a good week so far.  We had a rainy day here yesterday which meant that we were kinda stuck inside but Caleb had a friend over and the kids were occupied!  At least for a while!

We all know that Wednesday's mean that there is a new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week's sketch is brought to us by the fabulous Tui Nathan!  I must confess I got the idea for my card from Ann Schach when I saw her Paper Players card this week!  I love the Open Sea and since my dad's birthday is approaching next week I thought this might work perfectly!

I used the colours from this week's The Paper Players challenge.  They just worked perfectly with the stamp set.  Sorry Ann this card looks so much like yours!

Please stop on by both blogs and check out what the design teams have created!  You won't be disappointed!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy
DSP: Nautical Expedition (Retired)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Versamark
Other: White Embossing Powder, Silver Brads, Dimensionals

This is a photo of a little visitor we had to our backyard on Monday.  A little baby bunny.  It was so cute!  Our neighbour had the nest/burrow in their yard and there were 4 babies.  One of the babies managed to somehow find his or her way into our bunny proof backyard!  He is adorable though!


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!

Jen

16 comments:

  1. What a perfect masculine card! I love how you stamped the sentiment on the middle strip! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...my fingers were too fast :) Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful masculine card! Love how you made the strips different sizes and thanks for sharing the cute bunny photo. It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you spaced the banners and the baby bunny is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of that fun sketch and our colors! love those bitty banners and the sentiment placement is perfect! So glad you played alog with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the flags! Great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer! Wow! I love your card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bunny pic... especially as he got around your bunny proofing :-)
    Now... I love your card, too. I really think the banners behind add to the nautical feel. Great combination of both challenges. So glad you played along with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card for your Dad's birthday. The colors from The Paper Players are absolutely perfect for a nautical card and I love how the banners behind the ship image are like sails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh, clean and all-around FABULOUS, Jen! Love those banners! I have to say, I'm a wee bit jealous of your "rain day"...we need some here in a bad way. I'm sure your dad will love his birthday card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous nautical-themed card! I love your masculine take on this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect masculine card, using the sketch. Oh, well done!!!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ... fab card Jen ... love the nautical themeing and fab colour scheme! A great masculine card, your Dad will just love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome card. Clean and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Really great use of the sketch! The colors are wonderful, and the details make this one great Man Card!

    ReplyDelete