Monday, August 13, 2012

CAS-ual Friday's and Lego!


Hello!
How is your week starting out?  We had an errand day today which usually doesn't go over too well with two little boys.  Tonight though we opted for cheap entertainment and went to the GO-Train station (our local commuter train into Toronto) to watch the trains.  I have two little boys who LOVE trains on my hands so they were in train heaven!

Today's card is for this week's CAS-ual Friday's Challenge.  This week's challenge to create a clean and simple square card.  I'm not too sure my card is too clean and simple but it was really simple to make!  This is for a friend of mine how's precious little boy is turning 4 in September!  He loves all things Lego (oh and Cars too!).  I wanted to stick with a "4" theme on the card hence the 4 Lego blocks (that has 4 knobs on them)!  




These blocks are 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" and I used a 3/4" punch to create the circles.  The mini block inside the card is a 3/4" square with mini 1/4" circles on it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Basic Black
Other: 3/4" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch, Timeless Type Sizzlit, Bitty Banners Framelits, Dimensionals


These pictures are from the fun fly on Sunday.  This is my husband's new crop duster (air tractor). Nothing runs like a Deere you know!  Caleb likes to "help" his dad fly...he's too cute!  I'm so glad he likes to be with his dad!  The air tractor looks great with smoke!




Thanks for stopping by!  We'll see you tomorrow with the Freshly Made Sketches card for the week!

Have a great day!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. What a fun, little card! The recepient of this card is going to go crazy! So perfect with the 4 legos and 4 knobs. Wow! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! So clever! We are also fans of Lego here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just brilliant - adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Lego card! Wow, my son would so love the John Deere plane.......he has everything John Deere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cool! LOVE it!!! The different colors of "legos" and the fact that it's for a 4 year old is just amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lego blocks and I'm sure they would be appreciated by the older boys in our life too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Which I'm going to have to CASE! What a great idea!! It looks as if your husband and son had a super day. And who doesn't love John Deere Green?? After we moved from the desert of AZ, to TN for a few years before returning back home to the Pacific Northwest, I made my husband buy a John Deere lawnmower, not just because they're great, but they're also the most fun colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything Lego catches my attention!! Love the way you've used the number four in your design...such a fun card for a little Lego fan :0)
    So glad you shared your creativity with us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute! I teach preschool and may borrow your idea for cards for my little kids.

    ReplyDelete