Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #47


Hello!
Happy Wednesday! We have made it halfway through the week!  Yesterday was my first day back to reality after vacation.  I think I prefer vacation!!!  I had to take my D-SLR camera into the doctor yesterday and am waiting to hear back from him what the verdict is.  I'm trying to remain optimistic but I have a sneaking suspicion that I may need to start saving my pennies!

Today, being Wednesday, means that it is time for a new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  Today's sketch is courtesy of the amazing Jen Timko.  Jen chose a fabulous sketch - without many circles!  I knew immediately that I wanted to use my new ornament stamps and dies.  I am trying to get ahead on the Christmas cards and this sketch was perfect!  Thanks Jen!!!   The design team has created some masterpieces so head on over to the blog and check them out!


I think Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler are the perfect Christmas colours so I went to town!  The ornament is embossed in the new Gumball Green embossing powder.  I just love it!  I added a few pearls - just because I personally think every card needs a pearl or jewel!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
DSP: Be of Good Cheer
Stamps: Petite Pairs, Ornament Keepsakes
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Other: Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Gumball Green Embossing Powder, Holiday Ornament Framelites, Bitty Banners Framelits, Embossing Folder (I completely forget the name....sorry - it's retired)

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Jen



12 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Great Christmas card! I love the bold green and red and the DSP is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are great colors for Christmas too! The ornament with basic pearls is a great focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with this ornament - I need to remember I have this set!!! Love the pearls you've added through the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheerful and bright... perfect for this sketch. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... perfect choices for this sketch! Really great card, perfect for CASE'ing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this awesome Christmas card Jen ... the background texture and mix of patterns are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, I love the fun bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this ornament! Perfect choice of focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Jen! I love the texture! A perfect Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that embossed ornament and those papers are just fantastic! The pearls are the perfect touch. Great job on this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright colors and the bling on your ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Christmas card! I'm really loving that embossed paper!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete