Monday, August 20, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!


Hello!
Hope you're having a great start to your week!  We had a great day today!  Playdates at the park and swimming lessons in a VERY warm pool!  Jacob has turned into a fish and there's nothing stopping him now!  Tomorrow (Tuesday) is a VERY special day at our house!  Tomorrow is my baby's 4th birthday!  I can't believe Jacob will be 4!  Those years have sure gone by fast.  He has changed so much and is now growing up so quickly!  We are heading out to a playdate with his best friend Caitlin this morning then onto lunch at McDonald's....it was his choice...not mine!  Dinner will be tacos - his absolute favourite!

Okay...enough of me and my baby!  Today I decided to tackle this week's Merry Monday challenge.  I'm totally bummed I missed last week's challenge so I needed to get this card made today!  This card took me forever to do...it started out looking very different...honestly...sometimes I wonder about how my brain works!  I think this card looks a bit better in person than it does in jpeg!

I love the lacy brocade embossing folder and couldn't help but use it!  Of course I also had to throw at least one pearl in there!  I also got my hands on the new Stampin' Up! sanding block...must say it's way better than stealing sandpaper from my husband's workshop!!!


Supplies;
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer
Stamps: Mixed Medley, Bright Hopes
Ink: Versarmark, Early Espresso
Other: Scalloped Circle Punches, circle punch, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls


Here is a picture of my pumpkin 30 minutes after he was born (6 weeks early)...not the healthiest baby.
Below is a picture of Jacob this past weekend with a fabulous Angry birds card my mom made for him!


4 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jen! LOVE that glimmer paper! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Christmas card, Jen! I love the brown with the champagne glitter paper and your snowflake with the pearl in the center! Awesome EF too! (I must get that!)
    Love your son's Angry Birds birthday card! He's so cute! HB to him!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Champagne Glimmer paper peeking out and the sweet scallop snowflake, Jen! And I see that I just can't wait any longer to get this embossing folder. Jacob is a very handsome little fella. I know he brings you great joy. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful elegant card, I love the colours and the glimmer paper is wonderful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete