Friday, August 10, 2012

Black and Red Birthday


Hello!
It's the weekend!  Are you excited?  Does anyone have any big plans?  We don't quite know what's going on but it will be an exciting weekend for sure!  The boys are having a "Boys Party" on Saturday night.  They are going to be camping in the backyard.  They will set up the tent and sleep out there...hope they have fun with the skunks and raccoons...maybe even a possum or two!  I'll update you on Sunday!

Today's card did not turn out the way I wanted.  I'm a little disappointed.  I'm really not sure what I had in mind but this isn't it.  Alas...that happens and we just make the best of it.  I used the MOJO Monday sketch as a starting point then picked some of my favourite colours (Black, red and crumb cake) and combined that with the SU-Only Challenges of using DSP in a creative way and voila!  This is what we ended up with.

Sometimes things don't turn out the way we had hoped!  I originally made the card and didn't emboss the background.  The card looked too plain...then I used the Fancy Fan EF and realized after I put it all together that the two embossing folders don't really go together!!!  My flower is made with the Blossom Punch (I punched out three) then scrunching them up and separating the layers slightly.  I added a Boho Blossom flower in the centre followed by a flower button from the Neutrals pack!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black. Whisper White, Crumb Cake
DSP: Brights DSP Stack (Real Red)
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Flower Button, Thread, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Bitty Banners Framelits, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Mini Clip, Blossom Punch, Boho Blossom Punch, Window Framelit

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

Jen


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I just love your flower. I need to start doing more of those. They are so easy yet just steal the spotlight of any card and make such a great focal point. Thank you so much for participating in our designer series paper challenge at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, this is awesome! So striking and I love that flower! So glad you joined us this week at SUOC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love it! What a fun sketch you chose. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are crazy! Your card is gorgeous and went straight into my favorites folder on SCS. Perhaps the finished product was a happy accident, but I love the way it turned out. TFS!

    ReplyDelete