Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #49


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  We're halfway through the week.  Yesterday was Jacob's 4th birthday and we had a great day together.  We ended our evening playing with the neighbours and eating chocolate cupcakes!  My little 4 year old went to bed awfully tired!

Wednesday's are great days in the blogging world because Freshly Made Sketches comes out with their new sketch!  This week our sketch is courtesy of the fabulous and lovely Jen Mitchell!



I saw those circles on Jen's sketch and started to sweat!  You all know how I feel about circles.  Then while laying in bed not sleeping one night I realized that those circles would look much better as cute butterflies...and so the card was born!

I totally love the Patio Party DSP and since it already has butterflies on it how could I not add some more?!

Hop on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the other fabulous creations the design team have made for you!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals
DSP: Patio Party
Stamps: Apothecary Art
Ink: Midnight Muse
Other: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Rhinestones, Chevron Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

Jen

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Sweet card! That DSP is so cute! And great use of the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so funny that you've got a circle phobia! Maybe all my circular sketches will cure you of that! I love how you turned those circles into butterflies! Those are just about my most favorite thing to add to a card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jen! Great card! I have to admit, the circles weren't working for me, either! You did such a lovely job with the sketch, tho! I especially love the textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, what a beautiful card you did and love your take on the sketch with the butterflies and rhinestones. Love this color combo and the different embossing folders are awesome on how you used them. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... just stunning .... love the butterfly theme and the chevron background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a butterfly fan - so I always enjoy seeing butterflies on cards. Wonderful take on the FM sketch!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete