Friday, August 24, 2012

Create with Connie and Mary Sympathy


Hello!
I trust you're as ready for the weekend as I am!  It's been an interesting week here at the Brum house!  Needless to say we're excited for next week and to have Daddy home with us.  We have some exciting day trips planned that should keep the boys good and entertained!  Stay tuned for the photo highlights!

Today's card was a hard one to make.  A friend of mine lost her dad a week ago in a terrible motorcycle accident.  I wanted to make a sympathy card for her and her family to let them know that we are thinking and praying for them.

I started with this week's Create with Connie and Mary Challenge sketch.  It was a great sketch and it worked perfectly for what I had in mind for a card.  I really love the Very Vanilla and Soft Suede combination. I use it often for sympathy cards.  I love the French Foliage stamp set as well and find it perfect for this type of card.  I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder for the background and the piece of soft suede.  It just needed a little something extra.  I included a butterfly and some pearls...of course!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Stamps: French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Other: Basic Pearls, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Word Window Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Dimensionals


One more picture of the cute birthday boy on his birthday with new Angry Birds Lunch Box...all ready for Junior Kindergarten!


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful soft colors. I love the autumn feel of this card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Jen.
    JK.....already!! Looks all ready to go!
    Auntie Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very elegant and I love the use of French Foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the colors and design.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sympathy cards are always so hard to make. You did a fabulous job. I love the textures and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Jen. I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the stamped panel and the great autumn colors you used! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!! These are always the toughest to make and I am sure your friend will treasure it. I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #75 with a link back to your blog on 8-26-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, perfect for a sympathy card! Love the sponged edges to give definition to each layer! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty...love the soft colors. Perfect sympathy cards...too bad we have to make them at all, but this is one people will treasure. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. I may just go make one to send to my husband's Aunt. His uncle died last Monday and we went down to the funeral which was on Wed. but I didn't have a chance to make a card. I could send her one this week though. I'm so glad you joined us for the challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary.
    Monika Davis

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! I love the soft color choices! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the look of the minimal color on this! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete