Monday, August 6, 2012

Retro Sketches Apples


Hello!  I can't believe that the long weekend is over!  At least here in Canada we had a long weekend and it was a nice one!  We are now back at home in Burlington and settling into the routine here!  Tomorrow should be an interesting day.  The boys are already asking to go back to Grannie and Papa's house!  Heaven help me!

Today's card is for the Retro Sketches challenge.  I saw online somewhere people who were making cards for their kids teacher's for September.  I figured that might not be a bad idea!  Get in good early!!!  Jacob's teacher and I are already friends so maybe I should be buttering up Caleb's new teachers!

I used the Perfectly Preserved again....but NOT the jar (you should all be proud of me!).  I threw in some buttons to mix it up a little!  I do love being able to stamp and cut out those shapes so easily with the framelits dies!  I wanted to keep this card clean and simple...just so that if I wanted to replicate it a few times it wouldn't take me forever!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: Brights DSP Stack
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved, Tea Shoppe (Sentiment)
Ink: Basic Black. Real Red, Gumball Green
Other: Cannery Set Framelits, Brights Buttons, Dimensionals, Floss


Today's cute photos (okay, so they're cute to me!) are from today's hike to Hilton Falls.  The falls aren't really falls at this time of the year but there was more water than I expected!  It was a great family outing and the boys had a blast!  







Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow (or Wednesday morning) with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge card!

Have a great day!
Jen

3 comments: