Thursday, August 30, 2012

An Engagement with The Paper Players


Hello!  It's almost the weekend and a long weekend at that!  Next Tuesday is the start of school and I have two little boys (and one mommy) who are rather excited about the start of school.  I must say I'm very happy my boys like school and are happy to go!  We are enjoying our week's vacation though.  Yesterday was the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) in Downtown Toronto.  My boys rode the subway for the first time.  They were super excited.  Jacob wasn't really into the dinosaurs and really just wanted to get back to the subway (or hubway as he calls it!).

Today's card was a customer request.  My friend needed an engagement card - with lots of red!  I must say I'm in a creative funk.  I am finding a lot of folks are these days.  When I see the picture of this card I realize that I should have embossed the red rectangles as well.  I tried various combinations and didn't want the red to be too overpowering.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red, Silver
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: I Heart Hearts, Love and Laughter
Other: Basic Pearls, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Heart to Heart Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Wowza! Very pretty, Jen! Love all of the pops of sparkle and the way the color just pops off the dark background. A perfect card to celebrate an engagement, for sure. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete