Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Soaring Wishes

Hello!

I'm a little slow at getting around to my challenges from last week and this week!  I'm so ashamed!!!  It has been a crazy week and it's only going to get crazier!

The current CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to create a CAS (Clean and Simple) card using paper piecing.  I immediately thought of the "Send Me Soaring" stamp set from the Stampin' Up Occasions Mini Catalogue.  I knew one of the kites and the clouds would be perfect to use.



For anyone who doesn't understand paper piecing...that's when you cut out little pieces of paper (or big pieces depending on your image) and glue them into a stamped image.  I stamped the kite image first on my cardstock then again on my DSP and cut out the pieces and the glued them onto the stamped image on my cardstock.  I also stamped the cloud images on my whisper white cardstock and cut them out.  I realized after I finished my card that kites were a popular theme for this particular challenge!

If you're thinking that this card looks a lot like yesterday's card...it does...I'm sorry.  The kites just seemed to fit into the similar background I had used for my airplane valentine!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
DSP: Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight (Patterns Stack)
Stamps:  Send Me Soaring, Up Up and Away
Ink: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue
Other: Lattice Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment