Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #130


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  It's been very busy around here and I miss getting into my craft room!  Hopefully this weekend I'll have a bit more time!!!

We have a fabulous new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today!  The amazing Linda Callahan has a fun sketch for us to play with!
I wanted to use a bit more of my Sweet Sorbet DSP as Sale-a-bration is now over for another year!  I love the fun dots on this paper and wanted to combine them with the fun dots created by the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder!  Don't think I'm going to stop using this baby just because Sale-a-bration is over!!!!

I do love the Starburst Sayings stamp set and tried this one in different colours before settling on black with the banner cut out of Pool Party!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pool Party, Whisper White
DSP: Sweet Sorbet
Stamps: Starburst Sayings
Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party
Other: Starburst Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog as fast as you can to see the fabulous projects the design team has created for your inspiration!

Have a fantastic day!

Jen



11 comments:

  1. Such a great card! Love the pop from the black and the polka dot combination is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the pebbly background and dotted paper go together! The black is so striking with the other colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,Jen!! I love the embossed background and the pattern papers!! Looks so pretty with the bling and great sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well doh! I just realised now that the pattern on the DSP matches the pattern on the embossing folder! Where have I been!!! Gorgeous card, Jen. The black really makes everything pop and is a fabulous partner for those beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! I love all of those fabulous dots. And the rhinestones work perfectly with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic polka dotted creation! I love those little bits of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is lotsa fun with all of those fab dots and embossing Jen! I had a bit of a doh moment like Karren - didn't realise they matched!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and Sweet Sorbet! It's great how that DSP has touches of black to accent with, and the black really makes everything stand out on this card! Love the embossing, too. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen I love this Sweet Sorbet paper and wish that it was available until the end of the annual cattie! And the challenge lends itself perfectly to the Starburst Sayings. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the dots & pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the circles on here; they mix so well!

    ReplyDelete