Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mother's Day Blooms


Hello!
I hope you've had a great weekend!  We had a fun weekend here!  The boys spent the day flying today and had a blast!  I enjoyed some time playing in my craft room!  We have a fun week ahead of us.  Tomorrow the boys are doing "Run Club" after school.  We will see how this goes.  I'll be "running" with them which I'm hoping equates to walking quickly!!!  A few of their friends will be joining us so hopefully they find it fun!

I loved this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge!  They paired up with Runway Inspired challenge and have created a fabulous two week sketch/inspiration challenge!  I love it!


I am trying to get a few Mother's Day cards made up!  I only have one mom but I have a few orders to fill!!!  I am very sad that Stampin' Up is retiring the Secret Garden stamp set.  I absolutely love it!  I love the flowers and love using the dies!  Makes life a whole lot easier!

I decided to tie the black and red from the sweater and the pattern from the shorts into my card along with the flowers!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red
DSP: Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Stamps: Secret Garden, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Secret Garden Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Circle cutters (Non-SU), Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a great day!

Jen!

6 comments:

  1. Jen, that looks so beautiful. Had never thought to do the flowers in red. I have this stamp, sadly not the die but always happy to sit and snip. Will have to try in red, it just looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vibrant, pretty, dramatic card, Jen - so beautiful with the red/black/white! I can already picture the smile that will light up the face of the mom who receives this. Lovely!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunningly beautiful! I love the sweet and elegant look that those gorgeous red blooms have against that black background!! The lucky recipient of this gorgeous project is going to feel so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of the flowers!! Thanks for joining the RIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, so striking! Love the bold contrast. Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete