Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #131


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Sorry for being so MIA this week!  Actually it's been a few weeks!  The good news is that flying season has started and so the boys will be out flying most Saturday and Sunday afternoons which means that Mama might get some time in her craft room.  Before that happens though it is in desperate need of tidying!

We have a great new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  This one comes to us courtesy of the amazing Cindy Hall!  I must say this sketch gave me grief.  Not sure why but it sure stumped me!!  Apparently rectangles are starting to scare me as much as circles!
I realized that I am going to need some Easter cards.  I like to give the boys teachers Easter gifts to encourage them!  I am also including the librarian this Easter.  She goes above and beyond each week and finds Caleb the perfect book to take home.  He always comes home thrilled with what Mrs. Grant has saved for him!

Even though the Sweet Sorbet paper is no longer available it needs to be used up and I think it's the perfect Easter paper!  I used the Petite Petals (and coordinating punch) to create some colourful blooms!  I think this is version 5 or 6 of this card!  Each previous version looks drastically different.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pool Party, Whisper White
DSP: Sweet Sorbet
Stamps: Petite Petals, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Petite Petals Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the beautiful cards the design team has created!  We can't wait to see what you create for us this week!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card,Jen!! The soft colors and the cute flowers,perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about the colors of spring! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ..beautiful card ..love the colours and your little flowers. Thank you for sharing ...great job on the layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt about it, this paper and these colors are perfect for Easter! I love how you scattered the little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Jen! I love the papers that you chose and the scattered flowers. It's such a pretty and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty! I, too, love the random flowers scattered about! Perfect Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jen - this is such a pretty Easter card and I'm sure your boys teachers are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Jen! The placement of the flowers is perfect. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the paper for Easter! The black totally makes it all pop too. It was a sketch that stumped me too, so you aren't alone. I kept ruining mine by dropping them in ink too. :/ And I LOVE that the librarian is so good to Caleb. As a reading fanatic and a wanna-be librarian, that makes me happy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft and pretty, Jen! And this paper is perfect for an Easter card. I love the idea of giving a gift to the librarian as well. I need to remember to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this sketch & you made such a gorgeous Easter card, I may do that, too!

    ReplyDelete