Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #629


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Hope you're having a great week so far!  We are deep in snow here in western Canada.  We got a lot of snow over the last week and I'm so ready for it to be done.  Yesterday was cold and windy and I'm trying to tell myself that spring will come eventually!!!  We do need the moisture as we're starting spring in drought conditions but at this point I will take rain!!!

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite Texan, Amy O'Neill!  Amy makes such creative cards!  You definitely need to head over to her blog and check them out!  So we've got another sketch with a rounded object on it!!  The team is trying to kill me!  

I wasn't sure what to do for that oval but then I realized that the Lovely Layers Peony looks very ovular!  I opted to go with that.  I have a friend undergoing a medical procedure today and I wanted to make sure to get a card in the mail for her since her recovery won't be as speedy as she'd like!  

I am a little obsessed with using the Distress Oxides to colours my flowers!  I'm late to oxide game but one of these days I'm going to hit up the local paper store and grab some more!!!  I really do love them!  I didn't have a lot of purple paper hanging around so I had to make due with what I found!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill Coverstock White, Perfect Plum
DSP:Pansy Petals (SU Retired)
Ink: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord (Distress Oxides)
Other: Lovely Layers Peony, Perfect Plum Ribbon, Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Silver Foil (Spellbinders), Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder (SU), Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels (SU), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!  We always love to see what you create!  If you need some inspiration, head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the cards that are posted!  

You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to get your card entered into the challenge!

Have an amazing day!
Jen


 

5 comments:

  1. That gorgeous peony is just perfect for the oval in the sketch! Beautiful design with great texture, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Jen! Your color blending on all of these fabulous layers is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The color on this is so pretty and spring-like. Willing a little bit of spring to peek out at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Distress inks are wonderful - both the oxide and the original. You totally have my permission to buy them all :) :) Especially when you use them to make such gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, Jen! This peony is absolutely gorgeous, and what an amazing ink blending job!

    ReplyDelete