Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #626

 


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  March has come into Calgary like a raging lion.  We started off the month with lots of snow and super cold temperatures.  I am sure hoping that March goes out like a lamb but this is Canada, I won't hold my breath.  We do desperately need the snow - we are already looking at a drought so any snow is better than no snow I guess!

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our French designer Cecile Ribon!  Cecile's cards are always spectacular so make sure you head over to her blog and prepare to be wowed!  


When I first saw Cecile's sketch I was a little nervous.  Not only is there a giant circle but it's cut in half!  Half circles!  What on earth do I do with half circles?!  I remembered for a card a long time ago I had cut some sunflower dies in half.  I realized I could do that again!  So, off I went to make some sunflowers!  I'm running a little low on my daffodil delight so I just used my white cardstock and blended it with brushes.  The sunflower looked a little naked on the page so I decided to stencil some honeycombs onto the page using the Distress Oxides!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Sahara Sand (SU) Copper Foil (SU)
Ink: Scattered Straw, Pumice Stone, Scorched Timber, Ground Espresso (All Distress Oxides)
Other: Lovely Layers Sunflowers (Honey Bee Stamps), Sunflower Dies (SU), Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Brown Foil, Glimmer Hot Foil Machine, Grain and Grunge Gem Stickers (Honey Bee Stamps), Honey Comb Stencil

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week.  We can't wait to see what you create!  You have until 1 PM EST on Monday to get your card entered!

If you need some inspiration you will want to head over to the blog and see some fantastic cards from our Design Team!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


7 comments:

  1. I love this! That sunflower die is amazing, and the blended petals are beautiful. Way to master the challenging split circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant use of the sketch!! Love the honeycomb in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your split flower! That honecomb background is a wonderful accent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Jen! It's such a brilliant idae to split the flower in two for the semicircles of the sketch ! And I love the very soft color scheme, so ptetty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and such pretty soft colours!

    ReplyDelete