Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #628



Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  Happy Spring!  We're in our first few days of spring and we've done a complete 180 in our weather.  It was beautiful, sunny and warm on the weekend - feeling just like spring and today we are in the throws of winter!  It's freezing, snowing and driving will be a nightmare!  It looks like we've got about 5 days of yucky weather and then hopefully some improvements.  

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazingly talented Narelle Farrugia!  Narelle's cards are always spectacular so head to her blog to check them out.  I'm hoping that one day Narelle will take the long trip across the very large pond to hike up a mountain with me!!!  Might be wishful thinking but I'm hopeful!


So this sketch threw me.  What's with all the circles lately?!  Ha!  I couldn't think of what I wanted to put there.  I flipped through my Lovely Layers dies and chose my Coneflower die.  I do love a pretty coneflower!  I started making a purple and yellow coneflower and then I got yellow ink all over my purple coneflower - grrrrr.  I just make a card with the yellow one but I wasn't thrilled so I made a purple one as well.  I wasn't over thrilled with my sequin choices but alas.  It is what it is.

 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Early Espresso, 
Ink: Milled Lavender, Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord, Fossilized Amber, Ground Espresso, Antique Linen (all Distress Inks or Oxides)
Other: Lovely Layers Coneflower (Honey Bee Stamps), Happy Parents Day (Spellbinders), Gold Foil, Purple Foil, Stitched Rectangles (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Elegant Sequin Mix (Honey Bee Stamps), Sweet Bee Sequin Mix (Honey Bee Stamps), 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  If you need some inspiration, you'll definitely find it on the blog!  We can't wait to see what you create this week!

Have an amazing day!
Jen

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely flower! I love the soft colors with the sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is PERFECTION! I love the white on white with the first card. The yellow of the flower just POPS off the page. I also like the second card too. Purple and yellow are my favorite color combo at the moment!! GREAT take on this fab sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous - and they shake shake shake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are stunning, Jen! Your ink-blending on those gorgeous flowers is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful duo, Jen! So elegant and so striking.

    ReplyDelete