Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #627


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We have emerged from winter and have been enjoying some beautiful weather!  Warm temperatures and lots of sunshine!  My husband I went skiing on the weekend and had the best time!  The weather and conditions were perfect!  Probably our best skiing adventure in a long time!  

We have a fun new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Karren Johnson!  Karren is an incredible card designer and I'm always wowed by her creations!  Head over to her blog to check them out!  

I wasn't sure what to do with this when I first saw the sketch but then when I next looked at the sketch I saw mountains and a sun so that's how we rolled!  I had to piece a few dies together hence the big trees in front.  I needed to cover up the ugly joint!  I can't wait for the summer hiking season to start.  Right now we're in a severe avalanche risk season.  Trails that don't normally experience avalanches are seeing avalanches.  I digress...back to cards!

I grabbed some mountain dies, some Distress Oxides and went to work!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock
Ink: Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Uncharted Mariner, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Scattered Straw (Distress Oxides - Tim Holtz)
Other: Mini Everyday Sentiment (Spellbinders), Layering Alpine Lake Scene (Prism Studio), Shine Bright Confetti Cuts (Reverse Confetti), A2 Mountain Scene Builder (Honey Bee Stamps), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  If you need some inspiration you'll definitely find it on the blog.  

We can't wait to see what you create this week!

Have an amazing day!
Jen

 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene! And to think you get to look upon scenes like this all the time! But do stay away from avalanches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured your glorious mountains perfectly! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous scene! I wish I were there right now!

    ReplyDelete