Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #551


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are having a great start to your week!  Have your kids or grandkids gone back to school yet?  My youngest goes back tomorrow and my oldest on Friday.  As much as I'm ready for routine and a little bit more alone time, I have really enjoyed the summer this year!  My oldest got his license on Friday so he's excited to have a bit more freedom.  I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this yet! My youngest got his learners on Friday as well so we're all in to the driving scene!  My youngest is only 14 so it's a little crazy to think the province will let him drive!! Pray for us!!!

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the incredibly talented Kim Singdahlsen!  You need to head over to her blog and check out her beautiful cards!  


I picked up this adorable snowman die from Lawn Fawn on the weekend!  I just loved him!  There's a her as well!  I can't wait to make a bunch of snowmen!  My youngest came in and told me I was crazy making snowmen in the summer!!  I probably am but they were just too cute to resist!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride
Stamps: Christmas to Remember
Ink: Basic Black, Read Red
Other: Build a Snowman Die (Lawn Fawn), Softly Falling Embossing Folder, A2 Mountain Scene Builder Add-on Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I really hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge.  

The Design Team has a bunch of gorgeous cards posted that will definitely inspire you!

Have an amazing day!


Jen


 

7 comments:

  1. This guy is adorable! I love the festive pops of red. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's wonderful! I love him on the snowy background with the drifts as the stripes! Good luck with the driving - it's a blessing and a curse for moms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable. I love snowmen and this is such a happy one even though winter is not my season. - Wow they can get a permit at 14 that is unusual. Have fun with the new drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 14 for a learner's licence! Over here, you have to be 16 to pass the written test, then 6 months with a licensed driver, then 2 years on your own with strict guidelines before you're considered licenced. It used to be 15 and moved to 16 just before Matthew turned 15 so he was gutted! Anyway, enough about driving. Your card is super-cute - that snowman die is adorable and the red and black really pop against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never too early to make a snowman! I love your creative take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this sweet snowman! Adorable. Now...about driving at 14....my N is just finishing his signoff and it feels crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, this little guy is much too cute to resist showcasing him. And the card you created is awesome. I love the falling snow background and how you used the snowy waves for the three strips of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete