Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #548



Hello and happy Wednesday!
I hope you're having a good week so far!  I know that for my US friends some of those kids are gearing up to head back to school (actually I think some might have already started).  We are still embracing summer here and since our summer is so short I'm not at all ready for fall to come!  You know it's around the corner though when the fall, Halloween and Christmas decorations are in Costco!!!

We've got a fabulous new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today!  Our hostess today is the fabulous Jacquie Southas!  Jacquie makes the most fabulous cards (and her card today is no exception) so head over to her blog and check them out!  

I really loved Jacquie's sketch this week!  It's wide open for interpretation and was super easy to work with!  Best of all - no circles!!!  I will never complain about that!!



I was pretty excited to use my Lovely Layers Wildflowers from Honey Bee Stamps!  We have been able to see the wild flowers in full bloom in the mountains lately and they are so beautiful!  I knew I needed to use this set on my card this week!  These poppies are so pretty and I can see myself using these lots in the future!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Basic Black, Real Red, Poppy Parade, Silver, Garden Green
Stamps: With Sympathy (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink: Real Red, Garden Green, Versafine Black
Other: Lovely Layers Wildflowers Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Blending Brushes, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I sure hope you'll make a card for our challenge!  If you want to be inspired, please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog!  There are lots of cards there to get those creative juices flowing!

I hope you have an amazing day!

Jen

 

6 comments:

  1. Love the sharp contrast of this classic color palette, Jen! Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color palette. Those poppies look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the red against the black like you did. STUNNING design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drama of the red and green on the black strip is truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You create such gorgeous cards with these Honey Bee flower dies! Love this!

    ReplyDelete