Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #549


Hello!
Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week so far!  We're on vacation this week and we were supposed to be spending this week with my family in Ontario but due to the craziness of the airports right now and the very good chance that our flight home would be significantly delayed or cancelled we opted to postpone our trip to another time.  We're having a staycation here instead.  Monday we headed to Canmore for the most amazing golf game.  Yesterday my husband and I hiked up the most incredible ridge  (there are 7 peaks on this ridge and we were able to accomplish 6 of them!) and today we're heading into Banff and we're going to bike back to Canmore!  Can't wait to see this trail! 




 

It's Wednesday (I think) and we've got a fabulous new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jen Timko!  Jen's cards are always so beautiful and she inspires me to be a better card maker!  Head over to her blog to check out her cards!  


I knew what I wanted to do for this card and was super excited to work with my sunflower dies again!  My neighbours have a sunflower garden out front and it's the cheeriest thing!  I just love seeing those little waving yellow heads!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Copper Foil
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Garden Green
Other: Lovely Layers Sunflowers Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Bitty Buzzwords Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  The Design Team has some amazing inspiration on the blog for you!  

We can't wait to see what you create!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a WOW card! I love all of the cheery, gorgeous layers. And you live in the perfect location for a stay-cation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that view was amazing and it looks like quite the hike. - Love your cheery sunflower card, it screams summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such nice words! I love this sunflower and the texture behind it is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflower season here too - your flower is gorgeous! And what is with the craziness in the airline industry?!?!? So stressful for travelers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The yellow sunflower really pops against the background! I hope you enjoyed your staycation.

    ReplyDelete