Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #527


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We've got some beautiful springy weather here!  I won't hold my breath though.  I figure winter has a few more dirty tricks up its sleeve still!  I will enjoy the sun and the warmth while I can though!  It's nice to see the snow melt!!!

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous Judy Rozema!  Judy's cards are always so lovely so you need to head to her blog to check them out!  


Judy's sketch threw me a little this week.  I had in my head what I was going to do and then when I tried it, it definitely didn't work.  I had to start from square one.  Or is it rectangle one?!   I really wanted to use my new tulip dies and I wanted to try out my tulips in a Calypso Coral colour!  I'm not sure if there are tulips that are this colour but I'm sure there are!  

I had to flip the sketch horizontally to make it work but I think that you can sort of see the sketch in there! I used my blending brushes to colour some ink on my tulip petals to give them some different depth of colour!  I definitely don't think the picture does the tulips justice!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Calypso Coral, Crisp Canteloupe, Petal Pink, Garden Green, 
DSP: Gingham Gala (Retired)
Stamps: Bitty Buzzwords (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink: Basic Black, Calypso Coral, Crisp Canteloupe, Petal Pink, Garden Green
Other: Bitty Buzzwords Honey Cuts, Lovely Layers Tulips, Vellum, Dimensionals, Blending Brushes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join us in our challenge this week!  The Design Team has come up with some inspiring cards to spur you on!  

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. The sketch is definitely there - in gorgeous form! I love that color of tulips! You totally rock the flower dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your creative use of the sketch! The tulips are wonderful in those colors and on the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see the sketch with these beautiful tulips! I love the gingham background and I'm sure that color tulip exists in nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I want to start singing Tiptoe Through the Tulips? This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! Love the tulips (how do I not have these?!)! What a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these tulips and I'm sure this colour is also in nature. And if not, who cares - we can take some creative licence! Fabulous card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, I'm totally wowed by the amazing dimension you create on your gorgeous floral cards. This one is no exception. These tulips are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete