Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #528


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  We're having a quieter week.  Two sick kids at home means we aren't going too far (they're not going anywhere!) but sometimes that's okay.  I needed this little break!  The sun has been shining and we've had some glorious weather!  I also love that the sun sets much later now!  It's so nice to have longer and warmer days!

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite Californian design team member Jacquie Southas!  Jacquie is an amazing card maker and her cards always make me smile!  Head over to her blog to check them out!  


I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do for this card and tried a few different things before I settled on using the Lovely Layers Greenery Honey Cuts from Honey Bee Stamps!  I decided to cut one in Garden Green then another one to slide behind it out of Champagne Foil Cardstock.  The background needed a little texture so I used a woodgrain embossing folder.  Of course what card is complete without some sequins?  I feel like I might have used a few too many.  Sorry, not sorry?!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Garden Green, Champagne Foil
Stamps: Well, Hello (MFT)
Ink: Garden Green
Other: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Lovely Layers Greenery Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Sequins

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in on our challenge!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

5 comments:

  1. I love the embossed detail on this pretty die-cut! And the touch of champagne really glams it up. Beautifully done, Jen! I hope you have a healthy household again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so eye catching! I love the layered greenery and the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fresh and clean design, Jen! I might have sone a little shopping after seeing this beautiful die cut in action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the kids are well by now. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the textured background and the foil and gold sequins are perfect~!

    ReplyDelete