Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #154


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are having a great week!  Things are getting busier around here and I'm gearing up for Jacob's birthday party on the weekend.  Because his birthday is at the end of summer vacation we do his friend party after school starts.  Dinosaur theme this year.  Planning is a bit more tedious than I thought!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  The fabulous Cindy Lovell has created a beauty for us!  If you haven't been to Cindy's blog lately you are missing out!  Her cards are amazing!

I think I strayed from the sketch further than I normally would.  I got a little frustrated and opted to use a banner instead of a square.  I needed a little something different.  I apologize for the colour of the photo.  It looked great on my camera but once I downloaded it, I was rather disappointed.  I love DSP paper stacks.  They are perfect for cards and usually result in far less scrap paper around here!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
DSP: Moonlight DSP Stack
Stamps: Starburst Sayings, Amazing Birthday
Ink: Smokey Slate, Versamark
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Starbust Framelits, Banners Framelits, Hexagon TIEF, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the amazing cards the Clean Team has come up with!  You will not be disappointed!

Have a  fabulous day!

Jen!

12 comments:

  1. So pretty with all of the blue! I agree for some reason blue can be tough to photograph! And a dinosaur party sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dinosaur-themed party? How fun does that sound - and even though it's requiring plenty of energy from you, your son and his friends will appreciate everything you do,immensely! Will you be making dinosaur cupcakes, too? The thought has me smiling...and speaking of smiling, so does your card! The colours are lovely from what I see, and your decision to 'adapt' the sketch is ever so eye-catching! The big sentiment: perfect! Wonderfully inspired and inspiring!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Jen! Those colours look so good together and the embossed centre piece is so rich-looking. Happy birthday to Jacob and I hope you survive the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Jen! I love the embossed sentiment. I love the Starburst framelit - why do I always forget about that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute! Look at that big circle as a focal point -- you're getting so brave! ;) I love how you've used the banner piece here. Fabulous card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the DP you have choosen and I love all the blue on your card..its perfect card for Man I think and I love how you used the sketch...Great Card Jennifer (and I adore the Embossing Paper you put too) I join the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches too hope you like to visiting my Blog...would be so happy if the DT member leave me some love too, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fab card Jen. Love the colours you've used and I also love the addition of the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous card, Jen! I love the textures and prints that you chose, and I love how this card not only says "Happy", but also looks happy! It would be great for so many occasions, and it gender-neutral... my favortie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing,just amazing,Jen!! The colors,the papers,the embossing...i love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card, Jen! Love the banner for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Serioulsy LOVE this design! The colors and texture are fabulous. I haven't used that stamp set in a while, but I might need to make this one.

    ReplyDelete