Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #152


Hello!
I hope you're having a great week so far!  The boys had their first day of school today!  I can't believe we're dealing with a little boy in Grade 3 and my baby in Grade 1!  How does that happen?  Time has sure flown by!  They both had a great first day.  they both love their teachers and can't wait to go back tomorrow!

Today being Wednesday means we have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today's beauty comes courtesy of the talented Cindy Hall!  Cindy creates the most beautiful cards and I love checking out her blog!  We have some great news at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our August guest designer Kim Singdahlsen will be joining us on a permanent basis!  We're so glad she's decided to join our crazy crew!


I couldn't help making a Christmas card! I don't know why!  I decided to use my new Festival of Trees stamp set.  I tried different colours for the trees first and then decided to try embossing them on vellum with silver embossing powder.  I seemed to like that look the best.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Silver
DSP: All is Calm Specialty DSP
Stamps: Festival of Trees, Wondrous Wreath (Sentiment)
Ink: Versamark, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Sequins, Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensionals


I wanted to share a few pictures of our trip away!  We had such a great vacation!  I can't wait to go back!  The top picture is of the boys at the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport.  They both wanted to pose with one of their favourite planes - a Corsair!  The next picture is of the Space Shuttle Discovery!  Can you believe it? We saw a real space shuttle!!!  It was amazing!  If you haven't been to this museum you NEED to check it out!  You won't be disappointed!  The last picture is of my monkeys running in the ocean - it was the first time they'd dipped their feet in an ocean!  They loved it!  I loved it!



Thanks again so much for stopping by today!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing creations the design team has come up with!

I hope you have a fabulous day!

Jen!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jen Brum all of that silvery goodness is wonderful - especially with the red~! Beautiful! So glad you had a great vacation - and you got to see Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the elegance of all of that silver with the touches of red! It's such a pretty card! It looks like y'all had a great time on your vacation, and the boys will have such good memories as they got to see some really cool things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabbo Christmas creation! I love the silver and red combo. So sparkly and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous Christmas card, Jen! I love the silver and Cherry Cobbler together. And I have to admit to having a shocked insight into what a huge country you live in when you say your boys had never seen the ocean. I can't comprehend that sort of size - here in little old New Zealand we can go from the beach to the mountains in one day - we're that small LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic card! Love that silver and those trees! Ok, that picture of the boys in the ocean makes me so happy!! Glad school is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card,Jen! I love the red and silver...looks so elegant!! The silver embossing on the vellum is very pretty!!
    Glad you had a great time! Great photos! We've just been to a museum like this here in Germany! It was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went Christmas too! Love the elegance of these colours together Jen and the embossed trees are just so classy! Love the holiday pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They clearly LOVED their vacation - airplanes, shuttles and the ocean - absolutely perfect!! I LOVE your card. The shine of the silver and the natural tones of the background are truly perfect together.

    ReplyDelete