Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #112


Hello!
Can you believe it's Wednesday already?  Where has the week gone!  Because Thanksgiving and Remembrance Day are over in Canada, we seem to be fast forwarding to Christmas as if it's next week!  I feel bombarded with songs and commercials and decorations and it feels like it was just October....what happened?  I guess I'll have to get my act together and get my shopping done and finalize some Christmas cards!

We have a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today and I have the absolute privilege of being this week's Hostess!  I love being part of this great team and truly appreciate the support and encouragement this great group of ladies gives!
Of course because I've got Christmas on the brain, I decided to go with a Christmas card!  Go figure!  I wanted to do traditional red and white!  I love red....it's got to be my favourite colour (though if you asked my son Jacob he would say pink)!

You can't tell in this picture but the snowflakes have Dazzling Diamonds on them to give them a bit of glitter!  I should have re-taken the picture I suppose!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
DSP:  Season of Style
Stamps: A Round Array, Mixed Medley
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Other: Stripes Textured Embossing Folder, Scalloped circle punches, circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat and Stick Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog!  You won't be disappointed when you see the cards the Design Team has created for you!


Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous day!


Jen!

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen! What day and time zone do the FMS challenges usually post? Today, for example, I have already seen the designers' work on their own blogs, but the FMS site still shows last week's challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun sketch this week, Jen! I love your red and white card; it is perfect with my peppermint flavored coffee this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and elegant! Love the red!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely lovely card all of Dt has done a great job and given me a great inspiration for my card and 2nd timeI am joining into this challenge
    Have a wonderful safe week
    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red and white make such fantastic Christmas cards. Especially when you throw in some stripes and snowflakes! Great sketch Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as pretty and festive as a candy cane! love the medallion stampings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and beautiful! A wonderfully merry Christmas card! Great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just gorgeous and I love your red and white Christmas colour combo! Your sketch is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Sketch,Jen and love your card! Beautiful with the embossed background and the striped Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Jen! I need to dig out my Mixed Medley - perfect with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete