Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #555


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  We're halfway through the week already!  We are having some beautiful (and not very Alberta like) fall weather this week!  It's actually been more like summer!  I will take this warmth and sunshine as long as I can!  Trust me!  It's so lovely!  

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our favourite Aussie is hosting this week!  Narelle Farrugia makes the most gorgeous cards!  Fussy cutting, blends and flowers are for sure her specialty so head over to her blog to check them out!  


This is not at all the card I had in mind when I saw this sketch!  I still want to make what I had in mind (and probably should have from the start) but I decided to try something else.  This card took me forever with several changes and I'm still not thrilled with it.  Card making is quite the process isn't it?!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Basic Black, Real Red, Poppy Parade, Basic Grey, Garden Green
Stamps: Bitty Buzzwords (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink: Basic Black, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Garden Green
Other: Bitty Buzzwords Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Lovely Layers Wildflowers (Honey Bee Stamps), Double Stitched Circle Dies (Lil Inkers), Stitched So Sweetly Dies (SU), Sequins (Taylored Expressions)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week.  We always love to see what you come up with!  

Head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the cards that the Design Team has posted!  Hopefully they'll inspire you!

I thought I'd share our most recent hike - We hiked up Cirque Peak just past Lake Louise (around Bow Lake).  It started out raining, changed to sun, then a freak snow storm while we hit the summit so we couldn't see anything and then an hour later, beautiful sunshine again!  You win some and you lose some!






Have an amazing day!  

Jen


 

5 comments:

  1. I love the pretty pop of red on this fabulous card! And I love seeing your hiking adventures! You truly live in one of the most gorgeous places on earth. Your photos look like postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bold red on this is such a statement and I really should use it more. I know the struggle part but I think this is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a mountaineer for sure! Amazing photos! And you are a fabulous cardmaker to boot! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a striking card! The colours just pop off the white. And I can only look at the photos of your hikes and shake my head in wonder. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolute beauty, Jen! I'm always wowed by your 3D flowers! They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete