Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #554


Hello!
Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week so far!  Fall has hit hard here with very cool temperatures!  The mountains have snowy peaks (which honestly makes them look prettier) and so begins the deep spiral into winter!!!  Okay, we've got some time to go before that but you can tell summer is definitely over!

We've got a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Karren Johnson!  Karren's cards are always fabulous and you definitely want to head over to her blog and check out her card for this week!  



I loved Karren's sketch this week!  My husband notified me that our neighbour's birthday was yesterday!  I decided to whip up a birthday card for her.  I was going to go fall themed but the Lovely Layers Peonies were just crying my name!  I know there probably aren't peonies this colour but they really did strike me as pretty!

I might have used a LOT of dimensionals making this card so it's very thick and you probably wouldn't want to send this through the mail.  Thankfully I was hand delivering it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Bermuda Bay, Costal Cabana, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green
Stamps: Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink: Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Costal Cabana, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green
Other: Lovely Layers Peony Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Sweetly Stitched Dies (SU), Elegant Sequin Mix (Honey Bee Stamps)


I wanted to include the view from the top of Cascade Mountain in Banff, Alberta!  My husband and I hiked up this beast on Saturday!  We were so fortunate to get a clear, smoke free day!  The weather was a little chilly but it was perfect for hiking!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  There are some amazing cards posted by the Design Team!  They are gorgeous!  You will definitely be inspired!

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Jen




 

8 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful! I love the colors and all of the beautiful details in the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!. Love the colors you chose for the peonies. Great take on the sketch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card, I love your take on the sketch and that peony totally works in that pretty colour! Wow, what a mountain range! You guys are so lucky to live where you do and looks like quite a trek up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower! Peonies ought to come in this color! And your scenic pix are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs "real" colors when this is so pretty! I love this flower. And oh, the views from your hikes. Always breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colours are amazing! Such a beautiful card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous birthday card! This blue peony is absolutely gorgeous! The way you used various shades of blue for the petals makes this bloom even more amazing.

    ReplyDelete