Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #533


Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  Has spring sprung where you live?  We're feeling more springy weather here this week after last week's snow!  My husband also came down with Covid last week which put a damper on our plans.  I'm so far the only one who hasn't had it.  Of course we seem to like to wait a month between cases so maybe next month will be my turn?  I sure hope not!  My husband had a super mild case and has recovered quickly!

We have a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  I have the privilege of being this week's hostess!  It's always so much fun to go through the gallery and check out the gorgeous cards that you create for the challenge!  I sure hope you like the sketch this week!



Of course, as is often the case, my card did not turn out as I had envisioned.  I made the card and then thought it looked too dull.  I added some thread but that didn't quite do it so I addd the sequins and now I'm not too sure!  Oh we're often not happy with what we create!  I wanted a simple but sweet Mother's Day card.  I had to use the tulips because they'll soon be blooming somewhere in the world - just not here!!!  Too cold here yet for tulips!  I'm not even sure there are tulips here!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Flirty Flamingo, Strawberry Slush, Granny Apple Green
DSP: Sunshine and Rainbows
Stamps: Flowering Tulips
Ink: Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Strawberry Slush, Granny Apple Green
Other: Lovely Layers Tulips, Silver Sequins, Silver Thread, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to see what the other members of the team have come up with!  I also hope you'll join in our challenge this week!

Have an amazing day!

Jen



 

4 comments:

  1. Well your card is beautiful...loving all the pink! Fun sketch this week! Keep moving girl and avoid those germs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design, Jen! I love the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thread and the sequins are the perfect finishing touches for this fabulous tulip card! Thanks for a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty! I got some tulip dies that I need to play with!

    ReplyDelete