Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #531


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a fantastic week!  We had a gorgeous week last week and today we woke up to snow!  It was so cold here this morning.  I can't believe the shift in the weather.  We've heard that April is crazy windy here and so far it's living up to what we've heard.  I've never experienced wind quite like this before!  Apparently is has something to do with the snow in the mountains but I didn't quite understand the explanation!  Anyhow, it's supposed to warm up next week and for that I will be thankful!

We have a fabulous new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of the hilarious and super creative Linda Callahan!  Linda and her cards always make me smile so head over to her blog to check them out!  


Linda and I also had the same idea with our cards this week!  We both chose flowers!  I hadn't checked the blog before I posted my card and giggled when I saw Linda's card and how similar mine is to hers!  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this card but then decided that I would pull out my Whimsical Spring Flowers Honey Cuts from Honey Bee Stamps and go from there!  

I started with the Sunshine and Rainbows DSP and then chose my colours after I chose the patterned paper I wanted to use!  I still feel like something is missing off this card but I can't put my finger on it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Misty Moonlight, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green
DSP: Sunshine & Rainbows 6X6 DSP Pack
Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink: Midnight Muse
Other: Elegant Sequin Mix (Honey Bee Stamps), Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Whimsical Spring Flowers Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Tasteful Labels Dies, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  The Design Team has some amazing examples up for you to inspire your creativity this week!

Have an amazing day!

Jen




 

5 comments:

  1. This is simply stunning. Mistly Moonlight was my favorite color from SU in forever. Sad to see it retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture on your card and on the flowers. Blue and white is always a hit! We have had horrible winds. 35-65 mph for about a week. The winds keep setting off the alarm at my theater! Hoping this next week also settles down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white flowers against the dark blue - gorgeous card! Thanks for making my sketch look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gorgeous blue background for these pretty white flowers! That fun little peek of striped rainbow paper is a perfect accent. Gorgeous card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textured blue blackground really makes these white flowers pop! Such a fabulous card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete