Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thankful!



Hello!
I hope you've had a great weekend!  I managed to get a few minutes in my craft room this afternoon (and really, it was only a few minutes!) so that was nice!  The boys had a busy day and were pretty tired by the time they were tucked in bed!  Tomorrow I'm heading to Niagara Falls NY shopping with some friends.  I don't really have anything I'm desperate to get but I am not turning down a day away!!!  My hubby will be staying home with the boys tomorrow.  I have heard there's a trip to the train store involved!!!

I decided to create a card for this week's Create with Connie and Mary challenge.  I really love sketch challenges and had a vision for this challenge!!!  Sometimes visions work and sometimes they don't.  I started out with the Halloween card at the bottom and it didn't really work!!!  




I love fall cards - probably too much so.  I hope I remember to send my cards out this year!!!   I used the French Foliage stamp set for this card.  I know it's retired but I do truly love it.  I combined it with the sentiment from the Truly Grateful set.

Supplies: (Top card):
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Stamps: French Foliage, Truly Grateful
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Other: Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, Bronze Button, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Woodgrain Embossing Folder

Supplies: (Bottom Card)
Cardstock: Basic Black
DSP: Retired Halloween paper from last year....I forgot the name...sadly.
Stamps: Googly Ghouls, Mixed Medley
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Daisies #2 Die, Scalloped Circle Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a great week!
Jen

6 comments:

  1. I do miss that stamp set! What a gorgeous fall card! And I love your Halloween one, too! How creative to back the spider web with the flowers! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love French Foliage, too, and your card is gorgeous! I love the Halloween CAS card, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I like both of your cards although I'm with you...I LOVE fall cards and that set is one of my favorites! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both cards are great, but I do love the fall card you made. The card just makes me feel like fall is here already! So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are equally wonderful. The leaves look great spread out on the 3 panels! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, like them both but I have such a weakness for fall cards in general (and French Foliage in particular)...it is such a "you" card!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete