Monday, January 28, 2013

Seize the Birthday Challenge


Hello!
I trust everyone had a good start to their week.  Our Monday was very wet and and our snow is slowly disappearing.  The boys won't be too happy about that!  They sure do love playing outside.  They came in just before dinner soaking wet!

I was commissioned to create a card for friend this week.  Her request was a purple and pink card with cupcakes!   I needed a sketch to start from since I did not feel the creative juices flowing.  I decided to give the Seize the Birthday Challenge a try!  I love birthday cards and never have enough!  I realize now that I totally forgot to put the banner on my card that is in the sketch!  Oh dear!  Lesley...please forgive me!!!

I love the new hexagon embossing folder from Stampin' Up!  I could use it on every card if I had the chance!!!  I decided to add some pearls to the cupcakes instead of glitter this time.  Just seemed to work better!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
DSP: Perfect Plum
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Basic Label, You're Amazing
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Melon Mambo, Pretty In Pink
Other: Basic Pearls, Create a Cupcake Punch, Hexagon Embossing Folder, Glimmer Brads, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

Jen!


No comments:

Post a Comment