Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #655


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week has started well!  We're having a bit of a heat wave here - which we will be very thankful for!  The sun is shining and warm and I'm loving having a week of warmth before it changes!  I'm afraid our falling hiking season might not be as long as we had hoped.  There are a couple of weekends when I can't hike so I'm a little sad.  The season has seemed super short this year.

We have a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  I am your hostess this week and I'm so excited to see what you do with my sketch this week.  I made the sketch with a card in mind and then I struggled to make the card.  Such is life these days.  I have not felt an ounce of creativity lately!


I usually love making fall cards.  Fall is my favourite season and I would make fall cards all year long if I could but this year, I've had no desire.  I don't know what's going on.  My desire to create just hasn't been there.

I was going to use different leaves for this card but they didn't work as they were too big.  I found some little (old) SU punches that I thought would work perfectly.  I punched the leaves out of white cardstock and used some Distress Oxides to colour them.  I originally wanted red maple leaves but they just didn't look right against the kraft cardstock.  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Kraft
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Lil Inkers)
Stamps: Fall Foliage (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Antique Linen (Distress Ink), Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber (all Distress Oxides), Early Espresso (SU)
Other: Autumn Punch Pack (SU Retired)


A few pictures from a recent hike at Mount Lipsett.  This is such a beautiful hike and it's a fairly quick one.  We were able to get out and back before lunch!  The views are spectacular for the effort that you put in!  






Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  I can't wait to see what you create with my sketch this week!  

You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to get your card entered into this week's challenge!

Have an amazing day!
Jen





 

No comments:

Post a Comment