Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #657


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We're having a beautiful fall week!  I actually don't want it to end!  The sun has been warm and the skies blue.  I know the white, fluffy stuff is just around the corner so I'm going to embrace this weather while I can!  Fall hiking season is almost over and it makes me a little sad.  I'm sure we've got a few more weeks to go but we will need to start packing our winter gear!

We've got a brand new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of the amazing Karren Johnson!  You will love Karren's cards so head over to her blog to check them out!  

This card actually came together quite quickly - I know, I was shocked too!  I had a pack of fall paper that I think I got last year and hadn't opened at all.  I love fall paper and fall cards and since I needed an anniversary card for my husband (22 years on Saturday) I figured this would work perfectly.  I diecut some oak leaves from the Spellbinders Autumn Wonder set and we were ready to go!  I have no idea what set the tag is from.  It was in my storage binder and back then I wasn't too concerned with writing down the names of things.  Now I have no clue where things came from!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Baked Brown Sugar, Hammermill White Coverstock
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Acorn Lane
Ink: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo (Tim Holtz Distress Oxides)
Dies: Autumn Wonder (Spellbinders), Tag
Other: Curved Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Copper Foil, Twine, Rhinestones (Honeybee Stamps)


I thought I'd share some photos from a recent hiking adventure!  For this one I traded in my regular hiking partner for my friend Annie!  Annie's husband serves in our military and he's on a training exercise so she's been joining us or her and I hike together!  We had a hoot!  This is the Skoki area - behind the Lake Louise ski hill.  It was so beautiful!  The larches were robed in their golden splendor and looked amazing!  There were so many lakes and it was so fun to explore!  We put on 26 km and 1000 m in elevation gain!  It was one of the most amazing days!





Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week.  We always love to see what you create!  If you need some inspiration, head over to the blog!  The design team has come up with some incredible examples!  You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to get your card entered in this week's challenge!

Have an amazing day!

Jen

 

4 comments:

  1. I love your cute Fall-themed card! Happy Anniversary! Your hiking pictures are gorgeous -- the scenery and the hikers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pretty fall papers Jen and the detail of the leaves on your tag. Fab photos too - you live in a most beautiful part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is GORGEOUS. I Love the papers you used. I also love your photos. What a fabulous area to hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue with the fall colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete