Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #652


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  It's back to school time here and I feel like I'm ready to get back into the swing of things but I'm not quite ready to let summer go yet!  We had such a short summer here with a late spring snow that I feel like summer went by way too fast and I'm not at all ready for fall or winter to come!  My oldest son started post secondary on Tuesday.  He's living at home this year and it doesn't quite feel as real as it would if he have moved out.  My youngest starts grade 11 today!  I am praying they both have the best year!

We have a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the wonderful Linda Callahan!  Linda's cards are always so sweet so please head over to her blog and check them out! 

I wasn't too sure at first what I wanted to do for my card this week.  I need a thank you card but I wasn't inspired.  Then I saw these cute little birds sitting on my desk that I had cut previously and realized I could make them work.  I grabbed some really old SU DSP and went to town!  I love these birds and need to figure out what other colour combinations I can do them in!!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Real Red, Early Espresso, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie
DSP: SU retired
Ink: Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Perched Birds (Spellbinders), Double Stitched Circles (Lil Inkers)
Other: Sentiments for Everyday Hot Foil Plate (Spellbinders), Champagne Hot Foil (Spellbinders)

I still have quite a few hiking photos to share with you!  This hike is from earlier in August!  We decided we wanted to squeeze a hike in one day but they were calling for a storm.  We hustled up to the top - the last kilometer was such a grind.  We could see the crazy clouds coming and hear the thunder.  We managed to reach the top just in time but we did get caught in a cloud inversion!  It was so fun!  On the race to then get off the mountain, I fell - it wasn't a bad fall, just a cut and some blood but all is well!  Definitely one of our fastest and most exciting hikes!






You can see the runs our our ski hill in the background!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We would love to have you!  If you need some inspiration, there are some amazing cards there that our Design Team have posted!

You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to enter this week's challenge!

Have an amazing day!
Jen



 

2 comments:

  1. Those little birds are fabulous especially in the bright colors with the polka dots beneath them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This card is absolutely gorgeous, Jen! So fresh and so happy.

    ReplyDelete