Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #637


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far!  We're coming off of an extra long weekend.  Unfortunately the weather was horrible.  We even drove through a snow storm on Saturday!  No hiking for us!  We did some off-roading which was fun but a little chilly!  We had to wear our winter coats! Some places got hit with snow on Friday and some mountain peaks received upwards of 30 cm of snow!  The start of summer hiking season has been significantly delayed!  That being said, it's also delaying and helping wildfire season so I guess we'll be thankful!  

We have got a fun new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Karren Johnson!  Karren is super creative and an amazing colourer (I know, it's not a word!) so make sure you head over to her blog and check out her beautiful creations!  

So shockingly (or not), I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this sketch.  I had just purchased some new dies to make some masculine cards (I feel that these are sometimes hard to find!) and thought I could get a head start on a Father's Day card.  My husband got a smoker for Christmas and he makes some delicious dinners so I thought this card would work perfectly for him.  My dad also is amazing on the BBQ so I might have to create one like this for him as well.  I'm going to actually get to see my dad for Father's day this year (or the day after) so he might get his card and gift in person!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill Coverstock White, Basic Black, Real Red, Silver Foil
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Summer Lovin' Red Gingham
Stamps: Pond Life (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Detail Black (Pinkfresh Studio)
Dies: King of the Grill (Crafter's Companion), Double Stitched Circles, Tasteful Label Dies (SU)
Other: Subtle Texture Embossing Folder (SU)





Just thought I'd include some pics from our off roading adventure!  We still could see the mountains from where we were so it was almost as good as hiking!  Loved getting out and getting some fresh air!  Super fun new hobby to add to our list!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We love seeing so many different cards!  We definitely have a creative group of card makers that play along each week.

You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to get your card entered into this week's challenge!

Have an amazing day!

Jen



 

3 comments:

  1. This card is AMAZING! You have such patience to work with those itty bitty dies, LOL! Looks like you had lots of fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Father's Day card! Love it! Sorry about the snow but if it helps keep the wild fires at bay I am all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous Father's Day card, Jen! I just love the color scheme and the clever layout of all the small elements.

    ReplyDelete